Welcome Back to Church
Adrian First is planning to return to in-person worship on Sunday, July 19. We will still offer on-line worship through our website as well. We are planning on offering two worship services, the first at 9:30 am and the second at 11:30 am. We may add a third service if necessary to accommodate everyone.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, there will be some changes to the services:
- First, we will be compliant with all State of Michigan, Centers for Disease Control, and Lenawee County Health Department guidelines and requirements to protect the health of our congregation.
- If you feel sick or are in an at-risk group for COVID-19, please stay home…we care about you, and your health is of the utmost importance to us.
- Our services will be by reservation – we will explain this in greater detail in next week’s Tidings – as we are limited by social distancing rules to 48 people in the sanctuary. The balcony will be closed except for video and sound technicians.
- The west wing of the building will be closed.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available in the narthex for parishioners use upon entering and exiting the church.
- For the protection of everyone’s health, face coverings or masks will be mandatory. If you forget your mask, we will have some available for you. We will have no contact IR thermometers available with the Ushers if you would like to be checked.
- In the building, everyone should be at least six feet apart, as well as only being able to sit in every third row of pews with at least six feet between people (if they are not from the same household). We will have floor markers to help everyone stay safely separated in the building.
- Unfortunately, there can be no handshaking or hugging. There will also be entry and exit traffic patterns to assist us in maintaining social distancing.
- The worship service itself will be changed, at least for the short-term, as the service will be shorter – about 30 to 35 minutes – as we cannot sing or share in communion. The service will typically consist of a prelude, announcements, special music, scripture, prayer, sermon, and benediction.
- There will be an offering box for your tithes on the way into the sanctuary. You are also welcome to continue to mail in, signup for ACH withdrawals, or make electronic tithes through our website if that is easier and more convenient for you.
- Between the two services, we will sanitize the sanctuary, narthex, bathrooms, door handles, stair railings, and other surfaces to help prevent the possibility of the spread of the virus. Our cleaning service will sanitize the building after the second service.
Reserve your spot for worship by visiting the Sunday Worship Information page and using the “Sign Up” button through Sign Up Genius.